At Shaker Place Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, we’re proud to have a memory care wing dedicated to providing Alzheimer’s and Dementia Rehabilitation and Care. We place an emphasis on safety and holistic treatment to provide residents with the highest level of functionality. With a staff of specially trained caregivers, we’re able to create feelings of belonging and purpose for our memory care residents.
Providing Dementia Care in Albany, NY
Dementia Care Home Checklist
When choosing a care facility for your loved one, there is a lot to consider. You want to ensure they’ll receive the best care possible in an environment that is warm, welcoming, and safe. Consider the following points when deciding on a facility.
- Medical care is provided by a Dementia care specialist
- Personal care and assistance is provided
- Physicians and nurse practitioners are on-site at all times
- The staff can manage challenging behaviors
Programs and Services
- Planned activities take place regularly
- Activities are designed to meet specific needs, interests, and abilities
- Care planning sessions are held regularly
- Physical, occupational, speech, and recreational therapy are available as needed
- Residents can attend religious services and celebrations
- The Dementia care home allows for freedom and encourages independence
- Indoor and outdoor areas are safe, secure and monitored
- There are areas for family to visit
- Residents are able to bring familiar items, such as family photos, bedding, or a favorite chair
- Meals are planned by a Registered Dietitian based on special dietary needs and the person’s abilities
- The dining rooms are welcoming
- There are regular meal and snack times
Our memory care unit and services check all the above boxes. Our team of caregivers are memory care specialists who have extensive experience and knowledge in the field. We encourage continuing education to stay on the cutting edge of research and treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease and other complex memory conditions.
A personalized program is developed for each resident based on their interests and abilities. Their nutritional needs, food preferences and abilities are also considered by our Registered Dietitian when developing personal meal plans.
Activities take place daily and include music therapy, pet therapy, board games, and other cognitive therapies. Every day offers new and exciting opportunities for our residents to use their meaningful life skills and individualized talents!
When you come to visit you’ll be able to enjoy the new secure courtyards and fireplace seating in the common areas. With our recent renovation, we made every effort to make Shaker Place feel like home for our residents.
Our doctors and nurses are critical to providing comprehensive dementia care. We take the time to get to know each and every resident and recognize that each one has different needs and abilities. When you choose Shaker Place you can have peace of mind knowing your loved one is well cared for in a supportive and stimulating environment. To learn more about our memory care services, or to schedule a tour, contact us today.