Advanced Medical Resources and Diversified Care
Shaker Place has a full time Medical Director on staff to oversee all residents, manage complex cases and meet with families to discuss treatment plans. Unlike other facilities, our medical director does not handle a daily caseload, allowing for a higher standard of care and an interdisciplinary approach. The director oversees a group of licensed medical doctors who see residents and coordinate care.
Providing our residents with freedom of choice is important not only to them, but to their families and our staff. That’s why our residents are free to choose their own physician who our Credentials Committee will review and approve. If residents do not have a preferred physician or their physician does not follow nursing home residents, our social services department will assign one of our licensed medical doctors to oversee care and treatment.
The convenience of Shaker Place’s on-site medical services benefits our residents and their families, and features:
- A full-time medical director who oversees all residents and is available for family conferences
- An on-site attending MD per residential wing
- Expert wound consultant services available
- Psychiatry for mental, emotional, and behavioral concerns
- Psychology to promote consistent, positive emotions
- Dentistry for routine cleanings and check ups
- Optometry for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
- Coordination of prosthetic and orthotic services
Contact us today for more information!