Nutrition Plans for Optimal Health
A well balanced diet is an important component of your overall health and well-being. All of our meals and menus are planned by our full-time registered dietitian to ensure they meet the nutrition and dietary needs of each resident. These menus meet the recommended daily allowance of fruits and vegetables, and residents are always able to request additional servings if they desire.
At Shaker Place, we utilize a meal ticket system to track individual food preferences, restrictions, and allergies. Our registered dietitian and dietary technicians collaborate with your physician and our nursing staff regularly to evaluate your nutritional status and to be certain your requirements are met.
In addition to expertly planned menus, meals are prepared by a culinary chef dedicated to providing exciting and flavorful cuisine using the freshest ingredients. Particular emphasis is put on heart-healthy, low sodium entrees and guilt-free desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Our newly renovated facility features 8 country kitchens where residents can dine and enjoy socializing with other residents in a friendly, comfortable environment. We offer the convenient dining amenities below. Click here to learn more about the Shaker Place Dining Experience.
- A Culinary Chef
- Eight Country Kitchens
- Dining Rooms Available in Each Residential Wing
- All Day Dining Options
- Café | Snack Shop
Plus, for your additional convenience and contentment, we offer:
- Menu Substitutions are Available at Every Meal
- Guest Meals are Available Upon Request
- All Day Beverage Services
Please Note: Important Information Regarding Food from Outside Sources
Because federal regulation dictates that any food served to our residents must be prepared in a kitchen that undergoes a government-approved inspection, unfortunately, food brought in from outside sources is strictly prohibited. There are, however, these two specific exceptions:
- Family members may bring in food that is prepared by the family. In such instances, food can only be provided to the resident and cannot be shared with other residents or roommates.
- Residents may order food for delivery for themselves from recognized food vendors (such as pizza), but food delivery orders may be consumed only by the resident placing the order, and may not be shared with other residents.
We also strongly encourage that any food brought to a resident or ordered by a resident be able to be consumed in one sitting. We cannot always provide storage for leftovers, and they may be discarded.