If you’re a caring, passionate caregiver, we want you to join our 5-star team!
Shaker Place Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is proud to offer you the opportunity to pursue your passion and grow your career, and with the compensation and benefits you need. You will work alongside our experienced staff, many with over 35 years of experience in their field and have the opportunity to learn from a team of knowledgeable professionals who can assist you in advancing your career in the health care field.
You’ll love working in our new, state-of-the-art facility with wonderful amenities, advanced equipment, and beautifully appointed new residential wings.
But perhaps the best part? Shaker Place offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package you won’t find anywhere else. These benefits include:
- Competitive Pay.
- Unmatched Health Care – Excellent low-cost premiums for health, dental, vision, pharmacy and more for you and your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick and holiday.
- New York State Pension.
- 401K Deferred Compensation – full or part time.
- 529C College Savings Plan.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Union Assisted Training.
- Monthly Bus Pass – at discounted rate of only $9.
Our nurses are the lifeblood of our facility, providing compassionate, expert care for our residents. We are looking for experienced Registered Nurses who will be responsible for coordinating individual resident care and for performing nursing services requiring substantial specialized judgment and skills. Full and Part Time positions available.
- Assesses resident care needs and prepares and carries out a resident care plan.
- As assigned, provides professional nursing services.
- Supervises LPN and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Is responsible for observing symptoms and carrying out diagnostic procedures ordered by the physician.
- Prepares and applies dressings, gives medication and therapeutic treatment as prescribed by physicians.
- Advises resident or members of resident’s family regarding resident’s diet, health habits, the carrying out of treatments at home and rehabilitative measures as authorized by the physician.
- Performs related services for residents in the prevention of illness and the attainment of maximum health.
- Collaborates with appropriate social services or health agencies as necessary to assure resident needed service or follow-up care.
- Maintains a variety of records and prepares reports and is responsible for clinical record documentation.
- Participates in QA monitoring and Audits. May serve on QA subcommittees.
- All other duties as directed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Passionate about providing superior quality of care.
- Good knowledge of nursing principles and techniques and their relation to medical and surgical practices and skill in their application.
- Working knowledge of dietetics, sanitation, and personal hygiene.
- Skill in the application of nursing techniques and practices.
- Ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep records and make reports.
- Ability to carry out successfully the therapeutic measures prescribed.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of nursing and non-technical personnel.
- Good observation skills; initiative; patience.
- Sympathetic attitude toward the sick.
- Positive attitude; team player.
- Excellent work ethic – on time, as scheduled.
- Physical strength commensurate with job duties.
- Desire to teach others and learn new skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Graduation from a school of nursing approved by the State Education Department from a course approved by such department as qualifying for Registered Professional Nurse.
Eligibility for a license issued by the State of New York to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. Possession of the license at the time of appointment.