We are looking for an experienced Physical Therapist to join our team per diam. This is a professional position involving responsibility for evaluating, planning and providing physical therapy treatment to residents in accordance with written prescription or referral from a physician who provides medical direction. The Physical Therapist is responsible to the Director. Supervision is exercised over the work of Physical Therapy Assistants. Does related work as required.
Typical Work Activities
- Evaluates the degree of function and disability of residents unless contradicted by a professional judgment or a doctor’s admission
- Performs physical therapy procedures upon the written order or referral of a licensed
- Participates with other personnel in the formulation of residents’ total care plans.
- Develops or assists in the development of physical therapy forms, policies and
- Confers periodically with physicians regarding all facets of resident care and related
- Instructs and participates in the facility in-service education
- Records on residents’ charts all physical therapy evaluations, re-evaluations, progress notes, consultation and discharge
- Maintains program records on types of treatment and number of residents
Full Performance Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Good knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of physical
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of apparatus and equipment used in physical
- Good knowledge of pathological conditions and social-economic factors affecting a resident’s
- Working knowledge of community resources applicable to physical
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of
- Ability to get along well with
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the
- Licensed and currently registered by the New York State Education Department as a Physical Therapist.
- Must reside in Albany County.
Mandatory COVID-19 precautions include wearing of a face mask at all times, PPE as required, must be fully vaccinated with booster, COVID-19 prevention questionnaire and temperature taken daily.