If you’re a caring, passionate caregiver, we want you to join our 5-star team!
Shaker Place Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is proud to offer you the opportunity to pursue your passion and grow your career, and with the compensation and benefits you need. You will work alongside our experienced staff, many with over 35 years of experience in their field and have the opportunity to learn from a team of knowledgeable professionals who can assist you in advancing your career in the health care field.
You’ll love working in our new, state-of-the-art facility with wonderful amenities, advanced equipment, and beautifully appointed new residential wings.
But perhaps the best part? Shaker Place offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package you won’t find anywhere else. These benefits include:
- Competitive Pay.
- Unmatched Health Care – Excellent low-cost premiums for health, dental, vision, pharmacy and more for you and your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick and holiday.
- New York State Pension.
- 401K Deferred Compensation – full or part time.
- 529C College Savings Plan.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Union Assisted Training.
- Monthly Bus Pass – at discounted rate of only $9.
Our nurses are the lifeblood of our facility, providing compassionate, expert care for our residents. We are looking for experienced Licensed Practical Nurses who will be responsible for the routine nursing care of residents fulfilling a detailed and well-defined resident care plan. Full and Part time positions available.
- Responsible for the delivery and coordination of quality resident care in compliance with physician order.
- Ensure the highest level of resident comfort and dignity.
- Recognize changes in resident needs and report critical changes to an RN.
- Assist in the implementation of the nursing care plan.
- Take/record vital signs and observes and documents other signs and symptoms as directed.
- Assist in carrying out diagnostic procedures under supervision.
- Responsible for clinical record documentation.
- Assist in the admission and discharge of residents.
- Assist residents in performing ambulation exercise and maintaining proper joint motion.
- Help maintain equipment used in care of residents as directed.
- Perform tasks designed to provide a comfortable environment for residents.
- When acting as charge nurse, has responsibility for supervising over other LPN’s and CNA’s.
- Participates in Quality Assurance monitoring and Audits. May serve on Quality Assurance subcommittees.
- All other duties as directed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Passionate about providing superior quality of care.
- Positive attitude; team player.
- Excellent work ethic – on time, as scheduled.
- Working knowledge of nursing techniques and their relation to medical and surgical practices.
- Ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength commensurate with job duties.
- Desire to teach others and learn new skills.
- Completion of a course of study approved by the State Education Department as qualifying for Licensed Practical Nurse.
- License issued by the State of New York to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.