Shaker Place Rehabilitation and Nursing Center has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Food Service Supervisor. You’ll love working in our new, state-of-the-art facility with wonderful amenities, advanced equipment, and beautifully appointed new Country Kitchens.
But perhaps the best part? Shaker Place offers an exceptional benefits package you won’t find anywhere else. These benefits include:
- Competitive Pay.
- Unmatched Health Care – Excellent low cost or premiums for health, dental, vision, pharmacy and more for you and your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick and holiday.
- New York State Pension.
- 401K Deferred Compensation – full or part time.
- 529C College Savings Plan.
- Monthly Bus Pass – at discounted rate of only $9.
Our staff are the lifeblood of our facility, providing a comfortable, home-like experience for our residents. We are seeking a Food Service Supervisor who will assist in overseeing daily operations. The Food Service Supervisor provides independent leadership in the areas of customer service and staff supervision, quality control, food safety and cleanliness, and record keeping for assigned food service areas. On occasion Food Service Supervisors may perform cooking duties.
Typical Work Activities
- Supervises employees engaged in serving food to our residents.
- Supervises the cleanliness of food service areas and equipment.
- Trains staff in performance of duties.
- Ensures all trays are accurate using the proper guidelines.
- Practices good food handling procedures and correct use of food gloves and serving utensils.
- Assists in proper storage of food to prevent spoilage.
- Keeps accurate records of refrigeration, freezer and food temperatures.
- May assist in the scheduling of workers on various shifts.
- May participate in Quality Assurance monitoring and Audits.
- May serve on Quality Assurance subcommittees.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of the proper methods of handling and serving food, and of the care of tableware, glassware, silver, and kitchen appliances.
- Positive attitude; team player.
- Excellent work ethic – on time, as scheduled.
- Have a neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength commensurate with job duties.
Minimum Qualifications: Either
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State college or university with an Associate’s degree in Food Service Administration or Nutrition and one (1) year of food service experience, OR,
- Three (3) years of food service experience in an institutional setting.
- Must reside in Albany County.