Shaker Place Rehabilitation and Nursing Center has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Food Service Helper. You’ll love working in our new, state-of-the-art facility with wonderful amenities, advanced equipment, and beautifully appointed new Country Kitchens.
But perhaps the best part? Shaker Place offers an exceptional benefits package you won’t find anywhere else. These benefits include:
- Competitive Pay.
- Unmatched Health Care – Excellent low cost or premiums for health, dental, vision, pharmacy and more for you and your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick and holiday.
- New York State Pension.
- 401K Deferred Compensation – full or part time.
- 529C College Savings Plan.
- Monthly Bus Pass – at discounted rate of only $9.
Our staff are the lifeblood of our facility, providing a comfortable, home-like experience for our residents. We are seeking a Food Service Helper who will assist in the preparation and service of food to residents, along with the cleaning of kitchen equipment. On occasion Food Service Helpers may perform cooking duties.
- Must reside in Albany County.
Typical Work Activities
- Prepares food carts and safely delivers trays to country kitchens.
- Helps serve food portions to residents.
- Assists with preparation of cold foods within established preparation guidelines as directed.
- Reads menu portions carefully and arranges food accurately using the proper guidelines.
- Practices good food handling procedures and correct use of food gloves and serving utensils.
- Assists in proper labeling and storage of food to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare, maintain and organize dining areas, including setting tables.
- Clean kitchen, dining areas, dishes, pots and pans, linens and storage areas according to established guidelines (including: sweeping, mopping, polishing, etc.)
- May participate in Quality Assurance monitoring and Audits.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of the proper methods of handling and serving food, and of the care of tableware, glassware, silverware, and kitchen appliances.
- Positive attitude; team player.
- Excellent work ethic – on time, as scheduled.
- Have a neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength commensurate with job duties.