Shaker Place Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is proud to offer you the opportunity to pursue your passion and grow your career, and with the compensation and benefits you need. You will work alongside our experienced staff, many with over 20 years of experience in their field and have the opportunity to learn from a team of knowledgeable professionals.
But perhaps the best part? Shaker Place offers an exceptional benefits package you won’t find anywhere else. These benefits include:
- Competitive Pay.
- Unmatched Health Care – Excellent low cost or premiums for health, dental, vision, pharmacy and more for you and your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick and holiday.
- New York State Pension.
- 401K Deferred Compensation – full or part time.
- Monthly Bus Pass – at discounted rate of only $9.
Our staff are the lifeblood of our facility, providing a comfortable, home-like experience for our residents. We are seeking an Environmental Services Aide who will perform tasks related to Facility Environmental Services such as housekeeping and/or laundry duties.
Typical Work Activities
- Cleans and disinfects resident rooms, nursing stations, therapy suites, offices, public areas, corridors, etc.
- Sweeps, mops vacuums floors, carpeting, etc.
- Cleans and stocks cleaning carts.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms, shower rooms, and all fixtures.
- Moves and rearranges furniture.
- Disposes of trash and waste materials including hazardous waste.
- Dusts, cleans or polishes surfaces and finishes on furniture, woodwork, fixtures, etc.
- Washes windows, walls, counters, and other surface areas.
- Hangs or straightens window trimmings, curtains, blinds, etc.
- Operates typical electrical janitorial equipment such as vacuums, buffers, automatic scrubbers, etc.
- Removes soiled linen or garments.
- Delivers/distributes clean linen or garments.
- Transports soiled and clean linen and garments in accordance with proper sorting and delivery procedures.
- Sorts, folds and classifies clean laundry as necessary.
- Follows established infection control procedures and guidelines.
- Follows established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- May participate in QA monitoring and Audits. May serve on QA subcommittees.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Working knowledge of building cleaning practices in a health care environment.
- Working knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of laundry operations, procedures and methods.
- Willingness to learn new procedures and techniques.
- Ability to maintain production records.
- Familiarity with infection control procedures and guidelines.
- Familiarity with safety procedures and guidelines.
- Positive attitude; team player.
- Excellent work ethic – on time, as scheduled.
- Have a neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Physical strength commensurate with job duties.
Must reside in Albany County.